Collective2 Job Openings
Work from anywhere. Telecommute a-okay.
Answer customer questions, make customers happy!
Who you are
You have deep familiarity with trading and investing.
You write well.
You have the patience of a saint.
- Provide first-rate customer support through email, phone, chat, web and forums
- Answer questions related to Collective2 via email, chat, forum and phone call, and escalate when necessary
- Make customers feel warm and pleasant after every interaction with Collective2, without distributing opioids
- Be accountable and follow through until resolution
- Handle a variety of customer support tasks in a fast paced, small-company environment
- Proactively look for solutions to problems and suggest improvements to product designers and managers
- College education
- Trading or investing background
- Customer Support experience of more than 2 years
- A crisp, clear phone voice
- English fluency
- Excellent writing and grammar
- Fast, reliable internet connection
- Shiny, stable PC/Mac and good headset
- Knowledge of common help desk/ticketing solutions
Send us your resume and a cover letter to [email protected], subject: “Customer Trading Support.”
Remote, work from home, part-time, flex hours
Kind, articulate, smart, good writer, good telephone listener.
You will communicate with people interested in Collective2, help them figure out if our weird product is right for them.
If it’s not, you will (gently) tell them to go away.
If it is, you will answer their questions, help them learn how to use our complicated software, get them set up.
Guaranteed base, plus variable bonus for each happy customer you help bring aboard.
This job is perfect for…
- Someone comfortable with technology
- Someone with customer-support experience, or account-management experience for SaaS / software
- Someone interested in moving his or her career path into finance and/or sales
- Sales experience is a plus, but not required
Why this job rocks
You don’t need to find potential customers. We have lots of those. We’ll bring them to you.
Collective2 is an all-remote company. Everyone works from home. So will you!
Choose your own hours, work part time.
Vaguely inspiring mission statement
Collective2 is taking a really shitty part of the world (hedge funds) and making them into something a tiny bit more humane, not to mention something that’s technologically amazing and fun. You know how every half-assed tech company claims that they are “democratizing finance” or some other B.S. like that? Yeah, well we actually are. Really. We swear. We’re the good guys. Join us!
How to apply
We said you need to be a good writer, remember? So write us an email. Tell us you want this job. Go ahead. We’re listening…
Work from anywhere. We are an all-remote company. (Read this as: we are too cheap to pay for office space.)
Most “web designers” will not like this job
First things first. We get it. This job posting will appeal to only 2% of people who read it. Why? Because the qualities that I am about to tout as virtues of this job will likely trigger projectile vomiting in most designers.
For example: the job is not solely about web design. I mean, sure, there’s a lot of web design within it (landing pages and SaaS in-app pages), but there’s more to it than that. Much more. We also need someone who can help build a brand, who can understand customers, and who can figure out how to sell a complex financial service to people who don’t know they even need it (yet).
So if you’re looking for a design job where you can just “stick to your knitting,” and keep quiet, and build stuff according to specs provided “by management,” then you’re not going to like this.
Expand your horizons
If you want to expand your horizons, and do more than pure web design for the rest of your professional life, and if you want to dabble in marketing, and SEO, and brand-building, and analytics, and product design, and who the hell know what else, then consider us.
We’re an all-remote company. We work extremely fast, try out lots of *[email protected]&, see what works, what doesn’t.
What’s that? You want “compensation?”
Okay, fine. This is an hourly, free-lancy kind of thing. We pay by the hour. The number of hours varies from month-to-month, depending on what kind of projects we’re working on, and how frantic we are to get them done. We try to be fair, and keep you busy, and also to give you a heads-up about our future needs, so you can make plans.
Here’s how this works. Let us know two numbers: your fantasy hourly rate (i.e. what you would charge if you were hired by a San Francisco venture-capital-funded startup with beer kegs in the lobby, and where money flows like water); and your Scrappy Startup Without VC-Sugar-Daddies rate (i.e. a “realistic” starting number that may not be everything you dreamed of, but which gets you in the door and lets you prove how amazing you are.)
Send these two numbers, plus your portfolio (links), and any other thoughts to [email protected], subject: “Remote Designer + Front End = Me.”
Work from anywhere. Telecommute a-okay.
Predict which Collective2 strategies will succeed. Predict which will fail.
Collective2 is an open platform where thousands of people post their trading strategies, and issue go-forward buy/sell recommendations as they occur.
What if you had access to the entire Collective2 database? Every strategy, every histroical trade, every buy and sell, since 2001?
Would you be able to predict which Collective2 strategies will perform well? Which will fail?
Who you are
You are a quant, an algo developer, a data scientist. You understand trading, of course.
You also are able to program.
You have experience taking a steaming pile of turd that some people call “data” — most of it not particularly clean or well-structured — and turning it into something well-formed and beautiful. And then using this beautiful stuff to make testable predictions.
You have experience at a hedge fund or CTA. You have developed and tested trading strategies. You are fluent in English.
This is a contract position at a scrappy, under-funded startup company. Read this as: Compensation will be “creative,” and will include a large performance-based component.
If things go well, and you love C2, there will be an opportunity to expand your role within the company. This is a great, low-risk way to test the waters at a fintech startup before formally committing or jumping ship.
Send your CV and any thoughts (in confidence) to [email protected], subject: “Data Scientist.”
Work from anywhere. Part-time or contractor role is a-okay. Trading or investing background required.
- Take the lead in creating, designing, and running customer-facing marketing efforts
- Monetize products and technologies that were created by bloodless engineers without social skills, and bring them forth into the world of sunshine and light. Help customers understand, implement, and receive value from them.
- Improve customer retention by helping customers use the C2 platform more, and fail less.
- Design marketing campaigns, emails, webinars
- Recognize unmet customer needs, and then un-un-meet them
- Interface with software engineers to improve products and services
- You are an excellent writer. No, really. No B.S.
- You understand finance, investing, and trading
- Real-world experience managing marketing campaigns, measuring effectiveness, optimizing.
- Real-world experience getting actual things actually done
- Technical enough to be dangerous
- Buy-side experience a plus
You know how we said we’re looking for excellent writing skills? Guess how we test for this. Right! What you write. So don’t just send a form letter. Hint: look at our web site first – www.collective2.com.
Either hourly, or per-project, or a little of both, with some performance-based comp possible. Basically: we talk; we figure it out.
Get the ball rolling. Write to [email protected].